Sunday, November 30, 2014
Saturday, November 29, 2014
Friday, November 28, 2014
Thursday, November 27, 2014
Wednesday, November 26, 2014
Tuesday, November 25, 2014
Monday, November 24, 2014
Sunday, November 23, 2014
Saturday, November 22, 2014
Friday, November 21, 2014
Tuesday, November 18, 2014
Politics of Fashion at the #Toronto Design Exchange guest curated by the legendary Jeanne Beker. The exhibition studies the use of fashion as a tool in communication and politics by such famous designers as Vivienne Westwood, Jean Paul Gaultier and Stella McCartney.
The fashionable show runs from September 18 to January 25, 2015.
Monday, November 17, 2014
Saturday, November 15, 2014
Santa and Mrs. Claus brought up the rear in a horse drawn carriage
See more of the parade after the jump.
Friday, November 14, 2014
Cutting a hole in the window allowed the fire department to rescue two cleaners who were trapped outside the 69th floor of One World Trade Center. The platform was suspended at a 75 degree angle and they hung out for an hour and half until they were brought inside.
Window cleaning platforms wrap around the Toronto-Dominion Centre
Condos along the lakefront and the highway
Instead of platforms these guys hang from ropes
Tuesday, November 11, 2014
Wreaths at Old City Hall
Standing guard in Ottawa
Monday, November 10, 2014
Seasons Christmas Show from Nov 21 to 23, 2014. The 10th annual holly, jolly show is in Hall Five at the Toronto International Centre beginning next Friday at 10 am. "The Christmas season is one of the most magical times of the year. Snow gently falls on the towering 25 foot real Christmas tree as you are transformed into the season. Nothing reminds us of the joys of the season like the scent of fresh pine and the twinkle of Christmas lights."
To get ready next weekend's Seasons Christmas Show you can actually watch Santa ride through town during the Toronto Santa Claus Parade which starts at Christie Pits at 12:30 pm this coming Sunday, November 16. Check the website for the route of HoHo - Happiness.
Season's Show Hours and features:
Friday, November 21 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.,
Saturday, November 22 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.,
Sunday, November 23 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
© Our newest feature, Festive Firsts is where entrepreneurs join us for the first time. Find unique one of a kind gifts for those hard to buy for people on your list.
© Purdy’s Chocolate Bar, a Chocoholics dream will be returning again this year, this interactive lounge area complete with sampling is always a crowd pleaser. Show goers will be able purchase chocolates to take home! Perhaps a “to me from me early Christmas gift”?
© Specialty sections Savour the Flavours and Fashion Finds are back again this year. Your inner Diva or Foodie will not be denied!
© Back by popular demand, The Dairy Farmers of Canada have always been a fan favorite with their fascinating seminars and delicious array of cheeses. Watch for their new holiday inspired demonstrations
© How to Workshops; Join self-proclaimed Christmas ‘junky’, Kate Seaver of Kate’s Garden daily as she teaches visitors the ins and outs of how to whip up some amazing seasonal décor.
Sunday, November 09, 2014
North American International Motorcycle Supershow Jan 2-4 at the International Centre
- The Supershow has entertainment and everything for motorcycle enthusiasts. And if you didn't get what you wanted for Christmas, this is the time to pick up a shiny, chrome covered bike.
- "A true shopping extravaganza, the Motorcycle SUPERSHOW hosts hundreds of exhibits. In addition to the unveiling of the new Motorcycles the Motorcycle SUPERSHOW has the largest display of Motorcycles, Non-current and Pre-owned Bikes, Aftermarket Parts and Accessories, Rider Apparel and Helmets, Performance Equipment, Trailers, Travel Destinations, Custom Bike Builders, and a full range of Leather Fashions. The Motorcycle SUPERSHOW offers the largest marketplace in North America for Everything in Motorcycling."
Motorcycle Show Toronto Feb 22-25 at the Direct Energy Centre in Exhibition Place
- All major manufacturers will take part at this show. "As the riding season winds down preparations are well underway to kick-start next year’s season with the 2015 Motorcycle Show- Toronto presented by Dalton Timmis Insurance, which returns to the Direct Energy Centre, Exhibition Place, February 20 – 22." Beat the February Blahs at this show.
- From show bikes to used bikes, this event even has special guests and fashion shows. You can feel the snow melting and the call of the open road.
Toronto National Motorcycle and Tattoo Show has now retired. Now you can't get a tattoo blasting down the road on a hog.
Port Dover Friday the 13th Motorcycle Rallies 2015: Feb 13, Mar 13 and Nov 13.
- Part street festival, part rally, this major Ontario Tourism event in Southwest Ontario fills the small Lake Erie town of Port Dover every Friday the 13, winter, spring summer or fall. 2015 sees three of these Fridays. They will be a little chilly this year!
Tuesday, November 04, 2014
The elephants march towards the light